About the New Website
- Why did Bursa Malaysia change or revamp its website?
The new website serves to give functional and experiential improvements to visitors. The revamped website carries a modern contemporary design and a fresh interface. Other than industry-standard data safety and protection, mobile and multi-screen compatibility, it has purpose-centric architecture, enhanced global search capabilities, and interactive tools – all of which result in improved user experience.
- What are the improvements on the new website?
- It’s a mobile-friendly site for easy viewing on-the-go. Its responsive web pages will render well on a variety of devices and windows or screen sizes.
- A fresh user-interface – The new website is designed based on a minimalist design concept with a simplified interface. For example, based on this new design concept, the main menu is now purpose-centric so that visitors can find the content based on the purpose of their visit.
- Improved cross-referencing of related content to help users get to information that may be of interest – e.g. links to related topics or links to public listed companies (“PLCs”) within the same sector/classification.
- An enhanced search engine for improved global search results, enabling search by keywords, stock codes, and comparative analysis.
- Enhanced filter functions with additional filtering options (e.g. subsector) to help zoom in to the desired information.
- Visitors can now easily view comprehensive information of a company via the Company Profile.
- Interactive price chart with powerful but simple-to-use tools that can help visitors perform analyses or visualise the historical data as desired.
- How do I look for the information I want on the new website? How are the menus organised?
The new website is designed to be purpose-centric. It is broken down into 6 primary tabs:
- MARKET INFORMATION - consists of information such as Prices, Market Statistics, Market Data and PLCs’ or issuer announcements.
- TRADE - consists of information related to Bursa’s Markets, Products and Services, Trading Resources, Post Trade and Risk & Compliance.
- LISTING - catered to issuers considering listing on Bursa, with information on Why List in Bursa, Getting Listed, Listing Resources and LFX.
- REGULATION - consists of information related to the regulatory structure and approach, as well as the rules that govern our markets.
- REFERENCE - gives easy access to educational information for market participants, and frequently asked questions on various products or markets.
- ABOUT BURSA - provides information related to Bursa Malaysia as the public listed company, including information on the company’s Investor Relations, Sustainability, and Risk & Compliance.
If you are not able to search for the required information, simply refer to the Sitemap located at the bottom of any page where you can have a full view of the website contents.
Is there different information between the old and new website?
Rest assured that market data and vital information such as rules are the same on both websites. We made a conscious effort to update or enhance some of the useful yet non-critical information, which might only be available on the new website. Most of the content on the new website is also available in 3 languages. Note, though, that should there be any discrepancy or lack of clarity, the English language version prevails.
You can reach out to representatives in the specific divisions listed on the Contact Us page should you need further clarification.
- I can’t find certain sections on the new website that were previously on the old website. Where do I look?
The new website is designed to display information in a more intuitive and purpose-centric manner. Most of the content has been maintained in this new website (e.g. prices, trading data, company announcements) but certain sections may have been re-categorised. If you are not able to search for the required information, simply refer to the Sitemap located at the bottom of any page for a quick view of the website contents. Drop us a note at [email protected] should you require further assistance.
- How can I get familiar with the new website?
You can use the “Guided Tour” feature that is accessible at the top right of the site. This is a familiarisation tool that highlights some of the new/ enhanced features of the website.
- What is the “Personalize” function on the new website?
You can select up to 5 of your favourite links that will appear as shortcuts on the Homepage for quicker navigation. Ensure cookies are enabled in your browser to use this feature.
- Do the images on the website denote any theme?
Yes, the overall aesthetic of the website is based on a unified theme to give users a cohesive and consistent visual experience. The theme will be changed periodically to reflect different principles and values of Bursa Malaysia. For example, the current “Greenery” theme signifies growth and sustainability.
- How do I access other Bursa related websites from the corporate website?
You may access the following Bursa websites via the footer of our corporate website:
- What is the difference between the Bursa Malaysia corporate website and Bursa Marketplace?
Our corporate website has market data, company information, product information as well as broader information for various capital market participants (e.g. on rules & regulations of the Exchange) as well as Bursa Malaysia’s corporate information as a listed company.
Bursa Marketplace is an online portal targeted to retail investors to obtain information relevant to their investment journey (e.g. with tools such as stock screener, portfolio view, trading tips from Opinion Leaders, and learning resources such as information on investing related events).
Securities or company information
- Where can I find market statistics such as daily trading participation?
Information regarding Daily Trading Participation can be found at Market Info Market Statistics. Daily trading data is available for Securities, Derivatives, and Bonds.
- Where can I see the latest IPOs?
The 4 most recent IPOs are prominently displayed on the homepage (scroll down towards the middle of the homepage).
Upcoming confirmed IPOs are highlighted on each market’s overview page under Trade > Securities Market:
The list of past and forthcoming IPOs (by year) is also located here for easy reference.
- What is new in the price chart for each company?
The price chart is enhanced with powerful but simple-to use tools to annotate the charts for easier comparison. The annotations can also be saved for future visits.
- When is the price feed updated?
On trading days, the price feed will start to push data after 9.15AM. There is a 15-minute delay on price data, as always.
- How do I find company information?
There are several ways for you to find information on Listed Companies:
- Use the Global Search function at the top right corner of the website to search by company name/ stock code / stock name to get a quick, comprehensive snapshot of the company.
- Look for price or trading data of stocks/ warrants using the “Keyword” search or available filters at the Market Information > Equities Prices page.
- See the full list of Listed Companies under Trade > Trading Resources > Listing Directory.
- See all announcements related to the company using the “Company” filter in the Company Announcements page.
- On each Company Profile page, what does “Listed Companies from Same Sector” and “Listed Companies from Same Classifications” mean?
The new Bursa Malaysia website is designed to help users uncover content or opportunities that might be of potential interest (e.g. similar to how some online marketplaces provide recommendations to other related views of the user). The companies shown are randomly selected, as long as they fit the same criteria. Classifications refers to refers to the classification (refer to the “Remarks” in the stock summary table/ “REM” 4th column in the Equities Price table) of the company’s stocks, e.g. cum dividend/ short-selling available/ exclude dividend. The suggestions will include companies of identical classification from the same market.
- Where relevant, what would appear under the “Reclassifications” section of the Company Profile page?
The “Reclassifications” section will highlight changes in the company’s name or sector.
- Where can I find information on structured warrants’ expiry?
Listing information and the profile of structured warrants can be found under the “ Structured Warrants Announcement” page. All information related to the warrant, including its maturity date can be found in the announcement.
Technical/ Web Navigation
- What browser should I use to view the new website?
- What should I do if the new website page is slow or fails to load?
The first thing to do is to check your connection. If you encounter any slowness on certain pages, it could be the speed of your Internet Service Provider. Should the problem persist, try a different browser.
If the problem remains, you can call our Bursa 2U team at (603) 2732-0067 during office hours. Please specify your issues and what you were trying to do: 1) the date and time you encountered the issue, 2) the page on which you encountered the issue 3) your Internet bandwidth (e.g. 4G, 3G, broadband), 4) device (e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop), 5) browser type and version (e.g. Internet Explorer version 11). We will investigate the issue specifically for you.
- Who do I contact if I have further questions on the website?
As listed on our Contact Us page, you can call our Bursa 2U team at (603) 2732-0067 during office hours.
The new website is compatible with recent versions of all major web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Just avoid Opera Mini browser or older versions of Internet Explorer® 11 as your browsing experience may be not fully optimised due to minor system incompatibility.