What is eDividend?
eDividend is a service which allows an issuer to electronically pay your cash dividend entitlements directly into your bank account instead of making payment via bank cheques.
One of the main objectives of implementing eDividend is to promote greater efficiency of the payment system which is aligned to the national agenda of migrating to electronic payment.
Registration of eDividend
eDividend Payment Flow
How do I register for eDividend?
- To register, complete the relevant prescribed form which can be obtained from any stock broker's office or downloaded from Bursa Malaysia's website and submit the form and relevant supporting documents to the stock broker's office where your CDS account is maintained.
- If you are unable to be present at your stock broker's office to submit the form and supporting documents, please ensure that your documents have been witnessed by an acceptable witness specified by Bursa Depository. An acceptable witness includes an Authorised Officer of a stock broker, a Dealer's representative, a notary public, or an authorised officer of Malaysian Embassy/High Commission.
- If your CDS account is held in the name of a nominee, the nominee will register for the eDividend.
What supporting documents are required?
- Original documents for verification.
- Two (2) copies of Identification documents i.e. NRIC, Passport, Authority Card or other acceptable identification documents
- Two (2) copies of (a) your bank statement; OR (b) your bank savings book; OR (c) details of your bank account obtained from your bank's website that has been certified by your bank; OR (d) letter from your bank confirming your bank account details. (disclose part containing your bank account particulars only)
- Certified true copy of Certificate of Incorporation / Certificate of Registration.
- Certified true copy of your bank statement / bank saving book / details of your bank account obtained from your bank's website / any letter from bank confirming your bank account details (disclose part containing your bank account particulars only)
eDividen Information Kit
How can this kit help you
The eDividend Information Kit was created to help you to:
- have a better understanding about eDividend
- publicise and promote eDividend to shareholders
How you can help
Bursa Malaysia seeks your cooperation to promote eDividend to all shareholders at any opportunity that you have to communicate with them. You can do this by disseminating information from this kit at events such as Annual General Meetings and roadshows.
You can also promote eDividend through your Annual Reports, corporate websites, direct market mailers and any other marketing collaterals issued to the shareholder.
To support this campaign, Bursa Malaysia will be producing flyers to be distributed to shareholders and advertisements in the daily newspapers closer to the implementation date.
The Information Kit consists of the following items.
English | Bahasa Malaysia | Chinese