LFX - The Exchange
- Designed as a one stop financial exchange from the submission of application to the approval, licensing, and listing of the products listed.
- Liberal rules to cater for the listing of a multitude of multi-currency financial instruments. The Exchange Committee have been accorded full discretionary powers in respect of the operations of LFX.
- Based in a duty free port will mean that there are no exit levies and stamp duties charged.
- Acts as a practical alternative to other domestic exchanges in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Offers companies in jurisdictions without a financial or stock exchange the avenue to raise capital to fund its operations.
- Listing on LFX contributes to enhance liquidity of investments for otherwise non-liquid investments.
LFX - Operations
- Dealings with statutory regulators are minimal. Labuan Financial Services Authority (LFSA) acts as a one-stop regulator and its functions encompasses the main duties of the onshore regulators.
- Caters for the listing of Syariah products (Islamic financial instruments) subject to certification obtained from the appropriate authorities.
- Transactions conducted on the LFX are not subjected to any selective capital control measures.
- No restriction on foreign ownership of financial instruments listed on LFX.
- Business dealings between the market participants are not regulated by LFX.
- Potential Listing Sponsors who do not meet the criteria stated to participate on LFX may form alliances between them in order to be eligible.
LFX - Systems
- Offers a 24hrs x 7 days system that will enhance global participation.
- Promotes extensive usage of multimedia and Internet facilities which will enhance accessibility.
- Being a web-based Exchange, participants in LFX will not need to incur additional costs as access can be made via a web-browser.
LFX in the Bursa Malaysia Group
Being a wholly owned subsidiary of Bursa Malaysia, LFX will benefit from:
- The expertise and experience of Bursa Malaysia.
- The effective business networking and marketing developed by Bursa Malaysia over the years.
- The reliable and proven infrastructure developed by Bursa Malaysia forms the basis for the @LFX System.
LFX: Benefits Against Other Jurisdictions
- Timeliness of approval as it will take only two (2) market (business) days to get the listing application approved subject to all required documentation received being accurate and complete.
- Competitive and comparable licensing and listing fees against exchanges in other financial jurisdictions.
- Strategically located within the Asia-Pacific region and sharing virtually the same time-zone with the other major regional financial centres.
- Offers seamless operations as LFX is web-based and is accessible globally.