The Labuan Federal Territory of Malaysia, was designated as an international financial centre in 1990. As part of its development, an international financial exchange, Labuan International Financial Exchange (LFX), was launched on 23 November 2000.
Labuan International Financial Exchange Inc., a company limited by shares, was incorporated under the Labuan Companies Act 1990 (LCA) with an authorised and paid-up capital of USD$10 million and USD$5.5 million respectively.
LFX is an international financial exchange based in Labuan, the international business financial centre for Malaysia. LFX was established to complement the various business financial services currently available in Labuan.
LFX is limited by shares and is wholly owned by Bursa Malaysia Berhad. LFX is a full-fledged Exchange with listing facilities. Its initial focus is listing of financial instruments.
The goal of LFX is to facilitate the influx of funds through the listing of financial instruments.
To achieve its stated goal, LFX will strive:
- To be recognised as investor friendly.
- To be market driven and transparent.
- To utilise international networking communication systems.
LFX caters for :
- The changing needs of global investors and companies.
- The listing of a multitude of multi-currency financial instruments.
- Companies wishing to raise capital effectively and efficiently in line with the concept of globalisation and liberalisation.
- The extensive usage of technological advancements to enhance efficiency and minimise costs enabling market intermediaries to participate at non-prohibitive investment costs as all that is required is a web browser.
What are the Opportunities at LFX?
LFX provides unlimited opportunities for global investors and companies by providing:
- A funding mechanism for international companies operating in the Asia-Pacific region.
- An efficient, cost effective access to capital market and practical alternative to existing domestic Exchanges.
- The listing of conventional and Islamic instruments.
- Availability of multi-currency securities and instruments and free from selective controls for international investors.
- Flexibility to determine financial instruments for listing for issuers and advisors.
What Does LFX Have to Offer?
- A one-stop financial exchange offering full services from the submission of application to approval and listing of the instruments listed.
- A customer focused and oriented environment without compromising on the key aspects of quality, security, due diligence and corporate governance.
- Liberal rules to cater for listing of a multitude of multi-currency financial instruments without compromising on market integrity and investors' protection.
- Timely approval for licensing and listing applications, subject to conditions being met as decision making at LFX is the sole responsibility of LFX.
- Single point of contact with statutory regulators via the Labuan Financial Services Authority (LFSA).
- Transactions on LFX are not subject to any selective capital control measures.
- Transactions from Labuan as a duty free port does not attract any exit levy or stamp duty.
- Extensive use of multimedia and internet facilities to enhance accessibility and ensuring its operations remain simple.
For more information on Labuan International Financial Exchange (LFX), do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.