At Bursa Malaysia, we believe the right job can transform a person’s future and the right person can transform a business. Let us share with you our vision and values and welcome you to our spectacular world of financial finesse.
We’re looking for bright Model Citizens for the following roles:-
For enquires on job opportunities within Bursa Malaysia, please deposit your resume to Group Human Resources department at email@example.com.
In achieving our goals, Bursa Malaysia endeavours to develop and expand our markets by leveraging on our strengths through innovation, accessibility, responsibility and creativity.
As a market that offers a wide range of differentiated products, we are the epicentre for the trading of equities, derivatives, bonds, offshore listings and Islamic products.
In maintaining a balance between market vibrancy and stability while remaining focused on meeting the ever changing needs of the marketplace, we believe growth and foresight is the new clarion call to shape a sustainable future for all companies.
VP, Equity Surveillance
- Strategies, Plan, Lead and Supervise the conduct of frontline real-time surveillance monitoring and analysis of trading activities/behavior of players and the market as a whole to enhance market integrity and investors confidence.
- Review, recommend and supervise in conducting the appropriate surveillance action depending on the level of seriousness in order to manage and resolve any unusual trading patterns or issues in a timely manner.
- Lead, direct and supervise the detection and referral of unusual trading patterns indicating possible market abuse particularly insider trading and manipulation to the Bursa’s Investigation team and SC for potential disciplinary and/or enforcement action.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with industry participants particularly industry’s dealing team and their Compliance Officers for effective engagement, management of trading behaviors and market intelligence gathering.
- Plan, lead and direct the organization of continuous educational programs, dialogue sessions and closed door meetings with broking firms and industry associations on surveillance concerns, case studies and trends moving forward.
- Promote collaboration or platforms for information sharing and operating arrangements with the SC, the broking fraternity, other relevant and developed exchanges and global information sharing groups on matters pertaining to market surveillance and trading.
- Plan, lead and supervise the conduct of risk and materiality-based to ensure high profile and high impact surveillance cases are addressed, Bursa’s reputational risk is minimized and investors confidence restored.
- Plan, lead and supervise in maintaining a list of high risk profile trader, eg. the PDTs. The trader with a higher risk profile will be subjected to more stringent checks and monitoring.
- Plan, lead and supervise the monitoring and record keeping on the high risk brokers with high number of surveillance actions in order to manage them by holding engagement with their management or provide alert/feedback to other department (especially, Participants Supervision Division and Investigation Division) to conduct the necessary action (such as for details inspection or conduct ad-hoc audit/investigation on the concern broker).
- Strategies, lead, direct and supervise the timely review of relevant surveillance regulatory strategies and policies including introduction of new measures, approaches and practices to ensure the provision of an effective surveillance framework for orderly and fair trading.
- Lead, direct and supervise post implementation review of projects and new initiatives carried out to establish the benefits and shortcomings for further improvement to the overall surveillance model.
- Plan, direct, executes and control market surveillance plan and expenditures, both operating and capital expenditure as per objectives intended in annual Surveillance Plan & Budget.
- Review, direct and supervise the continuous improvement (effectiveness and efficiency) of surveillance systems, analytical tools and charting tools applied to ensure the surveillance framework remains an evolving one.
- Continue lead, direct and supervise enhancements and improvements in the available surveillance system and tools to anticipate in detecting any potential new breaches and emerging manipulative modus operandi.
- Review, direct and supervise the surveillance system and tool at Bursa DRC to be invoked in the event of a disaster upon disaster declaration by the company. In the event that the monitoring system at DRC is not available, workaround (such as use Reuters, Bloomberg, Bursa Station and WinStock) to be employ or activate the contingency arrangement with Securities Commission (SC) to use their system when necessary.
- Lead, direct and supervise the re-engineering or refinement of surveillance processes, matrix and frameworks to ensure they are relevant, dynamic and benchmarked against international best practices and recent market trends.
- Develop, direct and guide on proper execution of the internal processes and best practices to eliminate any duplicated efforts, streamline necessary processes, increase productivity and employ a variety of means to achieve consistent, efficient and effective processes.
- Plan, direct and supervise the conduct of trend analysis on trading behaviors and activities to arrive at meaningful deduction and hypothesis to support changes in rules and frameworks and buy-in from industry participants.
- Establish the direction of proper management of personnel issues within the unit including the coaching of staff, periodic staff performance assessment, manpower planning, recruitment and succession planning.
- Direct, motivate and coach employees towards successful in performance or achieve the goals that are determined and set at the beginning of a new financial assessment year.
- Develop and coach competent staff to be called upon as expert witness for prosecution of CMSA offences in courts.
- Degree/Professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law, Commerce or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the financial services industry with minimum 4 years in senior managerial capacity.
- In-depth experience in dealing with various authorities on issues pertaining to capital market activities.
- Excellent contact with key market participants and other relevant players in capital market and financial services industry.
- Experienced in Dealing in securities or Fund Management or Research
- Knowledge of Trading Rules, CMSA and other relevant securities and corporation laws.
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals of the financial industry and operations, stockbroking operations and equities trading.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret trading patterns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A strong sense of accountability to stakeholders.
- Concern for quality.
- Customer and business focus.
- Well developed organisational skills.
Senior Manager, Project Services
- Plan, execute and manage the delivery of the assigned projects. This include managing and centralizing documents repository and project progress.
- Prepare minutes of meeting and scheduling.
- Create awareness, coach and train project managers and project supports within Technology & Systems Group.
- Onboard IT project managers to Enterprise Project Management (EPM) system whenever there is new IT Project.
- Monitor progress of assigned IT Projects and report status on monthly basis.
- Prepare management report for Project Governance Committee meeting.
- Ensure Project Manager of the assigned IT Projects update resource utilization in EPM system.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent. Preferably candidates with PMI or CAPM certified.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing projects related to exchange businesses, with 2 years’ experience in practicing standard project management methodology.
- Able to plan, manage and lead the team for IT related projects.
- Able to exercise considerable individual judgement and has initiative in conducting the necessary operations within the project / program.
- Good knowledge in MS Project, MS Office and email system.
- Good communication skill i.e. verbal and written skill.
Senior Manager, Market Data Licensing & Marketing
- Monitor & maintain relationships with key customer segments to improve operations and commercial opportunities to achieve industry best return to shareholders.
- Monitor and maintain Subscribers’ and Non-Subscribers’ to Bursa Market Information to ensure that Bursa’s intellectual property rights are protected.
- Gather information to further upgrade / replace product / services offerings to enhance stakeholder management.
- Alert and focus on the Exchange Market Data policy and able to defend and explained commonly challenged policy and clauses.
- Favorable technical knowledge on delivery of market data.
- Work closely with Finance team to monitor delinquent debtors and reporting.
- Enforce implementation of strategic marketing and communication plan (involving subscribers’) to ensure business initiatives of Bursa Group are achieved.
- Degree / Professional qualification in Finance, Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience ideally in the financial services industry.
- Favorable knowledge in financial market and Legal terms and conditions and able to write and elaborate the Exchange Market Data Policy to global financial vendors and member of the Exchange.
- Possess strong negotiation and people management skills.
- Demonstrates the desire to identify and develop ways to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Strong team player for the department, various party within Bursa Malaysia and committed to the role and responsibility.
- Dedicated to responding inquiries via email and telephone pertaining to Market Data Policy.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Manager, Post Trade Services
Liaise effectively with users, fully understand the business / operational needs, provide viable solutions, evaluate and formulate functional / technical specifications in the following areas:
- System Analysis and Design
- System Development
- System Testing
- Implement new developments for integration systems to remain dynamic in keeping pace with the growth plans of Bursa i.e. Solutions delivery.
- Track project status for solution delivery and be part of the team in the implementation of projects in order for new business requirements are implemented successfully on time, within budget and achieving business cases i.e. Project management.
- Continuous improvement of solutions delivery processes and lifecycle to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- To Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- To interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- To organize metadata and taxonomies of Bursa domain.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any related fields.
- At least 5 years’ of working experience in system analysis, solution design and development or management of projects with working experience in system design concept.
- Experienced with data analytics implementations, application integration, solutions architecture & delivery.
- Programming Knowledge: Experience with Cloudera Spark, Pig, Hive, Impala, Python and Java. Database knowledge – Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, OLAPs. Exposure to Cloudera Hadoop technology will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skill i.e. verbal and written skill.
- Able to work as a team or independently, proactive, eager to learn and apply effective new skills.
Manager, Issuers Listing
- Evaluate, review and propose for the approval/rejection of secondary fund raising exercise, such as private placement, rights issue, restricted issue, to facilitate timely and efficient capital raising exercise in equity capital market.
Main tasks/activities :
- Evaluate and review the Listing Application in relation to the listing and quotation of the new securities pursuant to the secondary fund raising exercise, sub-division/share consolidation, and IPOs.
- Monitor and review the corporate exercise of the listed issuers to ensure they practise high standard of conduct in order to enhance market integrity and transparency in Malaysian capital market.
Main tasks/activities :
- Evaluate, review and proposed disclosure enhancements on listed issuers’ shareholder circulars to ensure adequacy of information in order to aid shareholders in making an informed investment decision.
- Monitor and review listed issuers’ corporate announcements and recommend on issuance of query for additional information in order to assist investors in making an informed investment decision.
- Monitor, review and analyse media articles concerning listed issuers and recommend on issuance of query to ensure parity of standard of disclosure in the market place.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and advise on suspension of trading/trading halt of listed issuers’ securities to ensure fair and orderly market.
- Evaluate, review and propose for approval/rejection of any application for waiver from complying with LR, application for extension of time to comply with the LR as well as modification to the LR to facilitate business efficacy whilst ensuring investors interests is protected.
- Provide consultancy and advisory services on the application and interpretation of the LR to listed issuers, Investment Bankers, company secretaries and legal advisers to promote good compliance culture among the listed issuers and uphold the high standard of conduct, and managing enquiries/complaints from shareholders/investors.
- Propose areas of improvements on the Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”) for Listing Division to ensure consistent and parity in processing of application and monitoring of compliance with the LR.
- Propose and contribute to the formulation and enhancement of strategy for efficient processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of regulatory services, to be consistent and at par with the international best practices.
- Explore and assist in evaluating trends, issues and problems for the purpose of policies changes to achieve pro-active regulation.
- Assist in monitoring the development and achievement of agreed plans and targets for the purpose of corrective actions, if any.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business studies, management, economics or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Good understanding of capital markets, relevant laws and Malaysian regulatory environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Listing Requirements & SC’s Guidelines.
- Good analytical skills and business acumen.
- Good interpersonal, communication and coaching skills.
- Possess leadership skill and strong initiative.